Prerequisite, you already have the cross compiler downloaded from download GNU toolchain site, make sure you select ARM GNU/Linux, and IA32 GNU/Linux.
- Download the strace source distribution from SourceForge strace project
- Extract the strace package on your linux machine
- Set your cross compiler information with command: # export CC=your_cross_compiler_folder/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
- Add your_cross_compiler_folder/bin into your $PATH for path searching
- Change your current folder to strace package extract folder, use command: # ./configure -host=arm-linux
- You have the Makefile generated, edit it, append -static after CFLAGS variable in Makefile
- Compile it with simple command: # make
- You have the strace now, verify it with command: # file strace, you shall see "strace: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, statically linked, not stripped"