Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Can't execute native command on google android emulator

I created hello.c, compiled successfully with the cross compiler.
But I failed to run it on the target google android emulator. The error is: xxx: not found.
I checked the compiled file, it looks just fine. It really puzzled me.

At last, I got hints that it is because of there is no base libraries necessary on the google android emulator. For example, there is no /usr/lib directory, which should contain many .so files.

Simply re-create your native command with '-static' parameter, and try again.
Check your compiled file with the following command to ensure:
# file a.out
possible output looks like:
a.out: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.14, statically linked, not stripped

1 comment:

steve beckam said...

Our cgi scripts are very easy to learn. The user interfaces are very intuative ... Create and Test JavaScript PopUp Window Code.
buy levitra